the System Research Group, currently working on Databox Project. Before joining this group she worked as a research associate in Faculty of Economics at Cambridge University and London e-science Center and Social Computing Group (with Prof. John Darlington) and AESE Group (with Prof. Julie McCann) in Computing Department at Imperial College London. She worked on TSB funded OpenShare, FP7 funded Cyberlab, and NERC funded FUSE project at AESE group; a visiting researcher at US Army Research Labs, Adelphi, Maryland, US from Aug, 2011 to Jan, 2012 and also worked on ITA (International Technology Alliance) led by IBM Research from September, 2007 to Jan, 2012 as a Supplement Researcher.
She defended her PhD thesis at Distributed System and Network Group, Computing Department, Imperial College London in November, 2011. At Imperial College, she worked with Professor Julie A. McCann. Her PhD was funded by UKIERI (UK-India Education and Research Initiative) fellowship.
The PhD work was focused on Design of Wireless communication stack for Event-driven applications, especially for low-power embedded systems. It is an interdisciplinary research area involves background knowledge of embedded system design, communication systems, and software engineering.
In brief, her research interests include IoT and Wireless Networks, Machine Leaning (TinyML/UltraML), Citizen Science, Complex and Dynamical Systems.
Dr Poonam Yadav
University of Cambridge
FN07, Computer Laboratory
William Gates Building
15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK
Other Current Positions:
Chair (2017- Present)
ACM-W UK Professional Chapter
Stay Connected: Twitter
Organiser and program chair
- New! 2019 - Sensys-ML workshop (co-located at ACM Sensys 2019)
- New! 2019 - ACM-W Inspire 2019
- 2018 - Organiser: ACM-W UK - Inspire 2018
- 2017 - Organiser and Programme Chair: ACM-W UK - Inspire 2017
- 2015 - Organiser and Co-chair: ACM-W UK - Inspire 2015
- 2009 - Organiser: Workshop on "OS for national IEEE Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks (WCSN)-2009
- 2009 - Workshop Organiser: ACM International Conference on Pervasive Systems (ICPS)-2009.
- 2016: Special session on Recent Trends in Information Retrieval at International Conference on Information System Design and Intelligent Applications (INDIA 2016).
- 2015: Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHC India) Emerging Technology Track - 2015,
- 2016 - ACM-W UK Newsletter 2014-2016
- 2015 - WSNmagazine.com 2014-2015
- 2015 - Imperial WSET Society Blogs 2014-2015
- 2014 - ACM-W Europe Newsletter 2013-2014
PhD Thesis Examiner
PhD Thesis Examiner, NIT Bhopal, India Jan 2015
Reviewer for Journals
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments (JAISE)
- IEEE Transaction of Communication (TOC)
- IEEE Transaction of Cloud Computing (TCC)
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IoT)
- ACM Transactions of Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS)
Reviewer for Conferences and workshops
- IEEE Special session on Recent Trends in Information Retrieval (INDIA-2016), 2015
- Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHC India) 2011-2015
- IEEE Wireless and Optical Communications Conference (WOCC) 2013-2014
- IEEE Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks (WCSN) 2007-2010
- Volunteer at WCSN-2006, WCSN-2008, WCSN-2009, ACM-ICPS'09, Grace Hopper Celebration Conference (GHC-2009).
- Volunteer (STEM ambassador) at Imperial Volunteer Centre (Sept 2007 - till present).
- Launched ACM-W UK Mentorship Scheme! Read more here!
- Our paper accepted in ACM IoTDI 2019!
Interested in Personal Data Privacy? Why not explore and use our DataBox Platform.
- Computer lab - Wisemen Award for work in diversity initiative (2018)
- Imperial recognition award for quality of achievements and contribution (2015)
- Intel IoT Road Show UK first team winner (2015)
- BCS London hopper fi nalist, May 2015
- Selected for Google CodeF mentoring programme, Nov 2011
- Google PhD poster competition second winner, Imperial College, London, UK, March 2011
- First team winner of Idea To Innovation competition held at RWTH, Aachen, Germany, Sept 2009.
- UK-India Education and Research Initiative Award (UKIERI)-2007.
- Imperial Volunteer Center Award, 2008 .
- Recipient of prestigious doctoral research scholarship provided by UK-India Education and Research Initiative Scheme (UKIERI) (2007 - 2011).
- Imperial College Research bursary winner, 2010.
- Google Travel Grant Winner for EuroSys 2010.
- College Research support scholarship, 2008-2009.
- Idea League Summer School Travel Grant for traveling to Germany, Aug 2009.
- First position in the M.Tech Class-2007
- Recipient of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) India Scholarship, 2005-2007
- Travel Grant for attending RFID conference, Oct 2006.
- First Position in the entrance exam for batch M.Tech-2005.
- Haryana Board School Education (HBSE) Merit Scholarship.
- Certi cate of honors for Academic Achievement in Undergraduate degree, 2000-2004.